10 Best Lotion For Dry Skin 2021
Proper skincare is the need for a healthy body because our skin is the largest barrier against infection skin diseases that we have. So, keeping our skin healthy and moist helps keep this barrier strong.
When the skin gets dry or irritated by harsh soaps, cracks in the skin can occur. Crack in the skin makes a person more susceptible to infection.
As our goal is to help in solving all your problems related to dry and flaky skin, we have put together 5 of the best lotions for dry skin in the market and reviewed them to pick what we think is the best lotion for dry skin. Our settings included the ability to lock in moisture, overall feel on the skin, and friendliness on the budget.
10 Best Lotion For Dry Skin 2021
1. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream for Normal to Dry Skin
$16.08 in stock
- [ HYALURONIC ACID MOISTURIZER ] With niacinamide, ceramides and MVE technology for 24 hour hydration. Rich, velvety texture that leaves skin feeling smooth, it is absorbed quickly for softened skin without greasy, sticky, feel
- [ ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. All CeraVe products are formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier
- [ DRY SKIN RELIEF ] A deficiency of ceramides in skin can often be associated with dry skin, which can feel itchy and look flaky. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream was shown to increase the skin's level of ceramides after 4 weeks
- [ DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED ] CeraVe Skincare is developed with dermatologists and has products suitable for dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, acne-prone, and more
- [ GENTLE DAILY MOISTURIZER ] For face and body or can be used as a hand cream for dry skin relief. Holds National Eczema Association (NEA) Seal of Acceptance. Fragrance free, paraben free, allergy-tested, and non-comedogenic
2. Garnier SkinActive Gel Face Moisturizer
$11.06 in stock
1 used from $5.53
- LIGHTWEIGHT MOISTURIZER FOR FACE: This oil-free facial moisturizer gives skin instant hydration with hyaluronic acid and helps rebuild the natural moisture barrier so your skin can stay hydrated longer.. Leaves skin looking healthier and more youthful.
- GEL-TEXTURE FACE CREAM WITH VITAMIN C & E: Delivers deep hydration, with a light texture that leaves skin feeling hydrated, soft, fresh and smooth. Use this daily face moisturizer with Garnier SkinActive Miracle Anti-Fatigue Eye Gel Cream treatment.
- GARNIER SKINACTIVE MOISTURIZER: Whether you need intense hydration to quench thirsty, dry skin, brightening Vitamin C, anti-aging moisturizer with retinol or hyaluronic acid, or a moisturizer with spf, there's a Garnier SkinActive moisturizer for you.
- GARNIER SKIN CARE: We developed Garnier SkinActive with gentle formulas to leave your skin looking fresh and healthy, no matter your skin type. Find the face wash, moisturizer, bb cream, makeup remover, eye cream, serum, or mask for you.
- INSPIRED BY NATURE: Garnier carries an array of products for your hair & skin care needs, from shampoos, color care & styling products to formulas that cleanse, moisturize & repair skin
3. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating
$15.58 in stock
- 17-ounce jar of Neutrogena Hydro Boost Daily gel-cream face moisturizer with hyaluronic acid quenches extra-dry skin
- The moisturizing gel formula provides rapid hydration to skin, leaving it looking smooth and supple by restoring skin's natural barrier against moisture loss
- Hyaluronic acid, a hydrator found naturally in the skin, attracts moisture and locks it in
- Daily hydrating face moisturizer features a non-comedogenic formula that is oil-free, dye-free, and fragrance-free and is from a dermatologist-recommended brand
- The rich face lotion relieves intense dryness by providing long-lasting moisturizing power This hyaluronic acid moisturizer is the perfect addition to your at-home hydrating self-care routine
4. Vanicream Moisturizing Cream with Pump | Fragrance and Gluten Free
$13.43 in stock
- Free of dyes, fragrance, masking fragrance, lanolin, parabens and formaldehyde. **Packaging May Vary**
- Dermatologist Tested. won't clog pores
- Can be used as a night cream, for massage, and as a daily moisturizing cream for face, hands, and body
- Awarded seal of acceptance from the national eczema association
- Please note there are no fragrances or masking fragrances in Vanicream products. There may be a slightly different aroma to each batch
5. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Double Repair Face Moisturizer
- Face moisturizer for sensitive skin
- Formulated with Glycerin, La Roche Posay Prebiotic thermal water and essential ceramides
- Paraben free, fragrance free
6. Eau Thermale Avene XeraCalm A.D Lipid-Replenishing Cream
- This lipid replenishing cream directly targets itching, redness and irritation
- For skin prone to atopic dermatitis and eczema
- Suitable for infants, children and adults
7. Eucerin Advanced Repair Lotion, Fragrance Free
$9.54 in stock
- Repairs very dry skin and fights dryness at its source by providing 48 hour moisture for very dry skin
- Lightweight, fast-absorbing and non-greasy body lotion
- Enriched with ceramide-3 and natural moisturizing factors
- Fragrance-free, dermatologist recommended brand
- Frequent washing with hand soap and external factors like the environment can strip hands of vital elements needed to keep hands soft, smooth and hydrated. Advanced Repair Cream leaves hands noticeably softer and smoother after just one application
8. Aveeno Eczema Therapy Daily Moisturizing Cream
$7.26 in stock
- 7.3-ounce tube of Aveeno Eczema Therapy Daily Moisturizing Cream from the #1 dermatologist-recommended eczema moisturizer brand is clinically-proven to relieve dry, itchy, and irritated skin due to eczema
- This breakthrough eczema cream has been awarded the National Eczema Association Seal of Approval and is clinically shown to help relieve the key symptoms of eczema, including itchiness, the appearance of redness, dryness and irritation
- The nourishing formula of this moisturizing lotion is enriched with colloidal oatmeal and contains ceramides, essential lipids naturally found within skin, to enhance and restore skin's protective function
- From the #1 dermatologist-recommended eczema moisturizer brand, our daily eczema cream is also designed to help prevent the recurrence of extra-dry skin. It is allergy-tested, steroid-free and fragrance-free and is safe for daily use on the body
- Aveeno uses the goodness of nature and the power of science to keep your skin looking and feeling healthy and balanced
9. EltaMD Moisture-Rich Body Crème with Hyaluronic Acid, Fragrance-Free
- Therapeutic body moisturizer with niacinamide (vitamin B3), hyaluronic acid, ceramides and enzymes for dry, sensitive skin
- This body lotion moisturizes and nourishes dry, flaky, sensitive skin with moisture-binding hyaluronic acid, plant-based lipids and mango seed butter
- Niacinamide and enzymes work to help smooth and soothe severely dry skin
- Fragrance-free, paraben-free, sensitivity-free, non-greasy and noncomedogenic
10. Lubriderm Advanced Therapy Moisturizing Lotion
- 16-fluid ounce bottle of Lubriderm Advanced Therapy Daily Moisturizing Lotion with Vitamin E and B5 for extra-dry skin
- Specially designed for extra-dry skin to help hydrate, replenish, and strengthen skin moisture barrier. Is clinically shown to help moisturize for 24 hours
- Formulated with vitamins E and B5 plus skin-essential lipids naturally found in healthy skin, this moisturizing lotion replenishes and strengthens your skin's moisture barrier
- Moisturizing lotion transforms dry skin into healthy looking, more resilient skin
- Lotion formula is non-greasy with a clean, comfortable feel. From Lubriderm, a dermatologist-developed brand
What Makes a Good Dry Skin Lotion?
To decide which is the best lotion for your dry skin can be a confusing decision due to the exitance of a lot of brands. Before you start frustrating read this list below to find out which components can actually help with your skin condition. Originate in the sheath of skin cells, ceramides help by avoiding moisture loss. They help closure the moisture in to restore and maintain your skin’s fence function.
Next are essential greasy acids. Also referred to as healthy fats, they are the ones cells need to undergo biological processes. These include moisturization, to keep the skin glowing and healthy. As our body can’t produce fatty acids on its own without a good nutritional diet at that time these lotions help our body in providing such antibiotics. Humectants like polyols, glycols, and glycerin help draw in and bind moisture. Known in a lot of distinctions, they often appear as butylene glycol and propylene glycol on the ingredients list. The most impressive moisturizing ingredient, Hyaluronic acid can absorb 1000x its own weight in water, says Dr. Shamban. This quick hydrating action keeps the collagen moist and functioning.
Youthful-looking and supple skin.
What Ingredients Should Be Avoided?
Retinoids, as they can be too punitive on dry skin. As this is known for its anti-aging properties, exasperation is one of its side-effects so putting it on dry skin isn’t such a good idea. Though great for acne, Benzoyl peroxide is something that should also be avoided. Some negative reactions include soreness, itching, and cracking. Often found in lotions, alcohols help ingredients infiltrate the skin better. But they should also be avoided, so to compensate, stick with heavier creams that list it way down its ingredients list.
To make your skin soft if salicylic acid is gone to use it requires careful implication. When in doubt, ask your dermatologist what meditation is best to be used on your skin.
Having dry skin is a perilous issue. No matter how much care you put into it, it still looks unhealthy because of the unwanted consequences that come with it. Itching is a symptom that tells you the need for moisture. This is where lotions come conveniently because they are packed with all the crucial nutrients your skin needs to remain healthy.